Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Today, I am thankful for...

Hi, Monday. So nice for you to drop in...yet again...even though no one invited you...

But I digress. This post is about thankfulness, and gosh darn it, I'm going to be thankful on this typical Monday if it kills me.

Today I am thanking God for...

1. Kyle's new job

Today, Kyle is starting a brand new position in the town we currently live in. This job is exactly what he prefers to do with his accounting degree, is only ten minutes from our home, allows plentiful vacation days, AND includes a pay raise from his old job. We are so excited about the opportunity and know it's a blessing from God. This job will give us more time to enjoy each others' company, and I am SO thankful for that chance.

Yes, that is Kyle's thumb in the corner. We're selfie slobs!


2. The confusion of being a 20 something year old 

Yes, you read that right. I'm thankful for the confusion. When I was a kid, people told me being an adult was tough. I heard that a million times. What I didn't hear about was all the choices that surrounded you constantly. What career should you take? When should you have kids? When should you buy a home? Where should you live? Should you get a pet? Should you join a gym? What type of cable should you get? and good Lord, you are actually forced to pay money for those ugly green trash cans?! It can get pretty overwhelming. What I'm beginning to realize is that I am in an extremely transitional time in my life. There are so many choices, and I rarely know the correct route to take. God is teaching me to rely solely on him in all of my decisions; he is teaching me to have faith even when I am lost, which is pretty often!



3.  Lifelong Friends

This weekend, one of my best friends, Hannah, is celebrating her bachelorette party. I am so excited to have a girls' weekend and be reunited with some of my favorite people. Living in a new town and away from your loved ones, it's really easy to lose touch with your childhood friends. By the grace of God, I still maintain close relationships with these people despite us being five hours apart. It's been a huge blessing, and I'm incredibly thankful to have strong friendships that withstand the distance.


4. This beautiful, lovely, ah-maaaaazing sunshiney weather

Y'all, this weather is bringing me to life. I haven't felt this happy in months! I think it's really easy to get into a funk in the winter. It's too cold to really do anything outside, the weather is kind of depressing, and you spend most of your evenings bundled up in jackets and toboggans. Now that the weather has finally warmed up, Kyle and I are spending pretty much our entire weekends outdoors, and I am loving every minute of it.

Does this make me look redneck? I think this makes me look redneck.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment