Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cruise Recap

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I apologize for being MIA this week, but I've been so busy relishing these past few {nearly snow-less} snow days! Seriously, y'all, Atlanta got 5/8 of an inch of snow, and school has been cancelled the past two days! It's crazy how the south reacts to this kind of weather, but I'm not complaining. :)



Anyways, on Sunday, Kyle and I got back from a seven day cruise on the Carnival Dream. In short, it was an amazing ship! If you're considering taking a cruise in the near future, I absolutely recommend this one. The rates are fairly inexpensive, it's the biggest ship in the fleet, and you leave out of an amazing port, New Orleans. For our cruise, we traveled to Costa Maya, Mexico, Cozumel, Mexico, and Roatan, Honduras. All ports were lovely and the locals even lovelier. Here are a few of my favorite parts of the trip:

The Entertainment

As y'all know, I've been on my fair share of cruises (11 or 12 at this point). Despite that number, I can say with complete confidence that this ship had the best entertainment I have ever seen with Carnival. The dance team was top notch, the comedians were hilarious, and they even had a break dancing team, The Fun Force. It is completely evident that this team takes a LOT of pride in their work, and it's reflected in their enthusiasm during every show. They even had a Motown singer flown to the ship who performed all of my favorite classics. I danced in my seat and sang as loud as I could; Kyle looked at me like I was a nut!




Some people weren't quite as entertained! Haha


The Food

It's sad at this point, but one of my favorite parts of cruising is the limitless food. I've always joked that getting off a cruise after a week of gorging yourself is basically the equivalent of detoxing. I wake up in the morning, groggy-eyed and confused, wondering why a waiter hasn't hand delivered me waffles, fruit, assorted bread, and a cup of coffee. During our time on the Dream, we had lobster, prime rib, escargot, sushi, assorted soups and salads, pastas,crab cakes, etc. Oh, and don't get me started on the dessert selection. Here are a few dinner menu choices:






The Ports

I loved most of the ports. Cozumel has the bluest water I have EVER seen and plenty of things to keep you occupied if you didn't book an excursion. Roatan, Honduras, however, was easily my favorite port. What I love most about Roatan is the scenery. When you go to a typical beach town, the scenery, though beautiful, is limited. There's an ocean, a few palm trees, and that's about it. In Roatan, they have not only a beach right by the cruise port, but also lush greenery and stunning mountain views. If I could sum up paradise in a single place, it would take the cake for sure. We also went to Costa Maya, which is largely a cruise port and nothing more, and I wasn't a big fan. Aside from souvenir shops and overpriced bars, there wasn't much to see, although I have heard there is a quaint fishing town a short drive down the road with beaches and much more affordable prices if you're wanting to drink a few daiquiris.
















Overall, we had a wonderful time and can't wait to book our next cruise. What can I say - We're obsessed! 



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh beautiful!!! I used to go on cruises all the time when I was in college. My husband has never been. I'm thinking this one looks fabulous! Did you get a good deal. By the way I love cruise food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Amanda! It is an awesome cruise - I definitely recommend it! My husband (Kyle) and I booked during a peak time in NOLA (Mardi Gras), so it was a little more than what they usually charge. You can typically get a five day cruise on this ship for around 250-300. Not bad for one of the nicest ships they have!

    Thanks for your comment!

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete