Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Timeless in Plaid

Happy Wednesday! Wait...it's only Tuesday. YOU GUYS - IT'S ONLY TUESDAY (WAH!).

Anyway...

On Sunday, Kyle and I went out to eat at a local brunch restaurant downtown. The restaurant is a pretty nice place, so I decided to wear a new skirt I found at one of my favorite boutiques, Brooklynn's, in Woodstock. My favorite part of this look is the skirt - which, by the way, I snagged for only $12 bucks on the clearance rack! I can't recommend this store enough;they have the latest styles for a fashionable gal, and you can pretty much always find choices for 40 bucks and under (I usually stick to the sale racks, but I'm a bargainista through and through!)

I also adored the vintage blouse I stole..errr, I mean "borrowed" from my grandmother's closet. I believe that the latest styles are usually just modifications of something that was "in" decades ago, so I always take inspiration from my gran's vintage pieces. She owned her very own boutique back in the day called "Jody's Junction" and has always had a knack for knowing what flatters a woman and what doesn't.  The store closed its doors decades ago, but Gran's looks continue to be timeless and lovely. I adored the outfit I wore that day because it pieced together the old and the new - a brand new skirt and my grandmother's worn yet timeless blouse.









  Plaid Skirt - Available in store only - Similar style here
Tan Double-breasted Peacoat - Similar style here
Vintage Cream Blouse - Similar style here
Tights - TJ Maxx
Rampage Boots - Similar style here (MAJOR CLEARANCE!)


What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment