Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Filling Smoothie Recipe

Hey guys!


So I've been testing healthy & quick alternatives for a gal that needs breakfast on the go, and I finally found one that works best for me. As a paraprofessional, I'm on my feet for most of the day and needing to stay active and alert is an absolute necessity. I need a breakfast that can keep me full and energized for long periods of time, and this easy-peasy strawberry banana smoothie recipe does the trick! This morning, I started sippin' on my smoothie around 7:45 a.m. and was completely full until around 1 p.m. For anyone that has spent any time with me, you will know this is a total miracle. HA! Check out the recipe below! :)



Here's what you'll need... 

 
-6 large strawberries
-1 banana
-1 cup of vanilla almond milk (tastes a million times better than regular milk and you're using a vegan product! yayz.)
-1 tablespoon of peanut butter
-1 packet of sweet & low or one teaspoon of honey (OPTIONAL!)
- 5-7 ice cubes


Serving Size: 16 ounces
Calories: 295


Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend on highest power until all products are fully mixed together. ENJOY!

 


Honestly, what makes this smoothie so great is the teeny bit of peanut butter you throw in. It keeps you way fuller than an average smoothie with no protein. Not gonna lie, I was a pretty happy camper this morning.




Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy this sounds so good and I'm all about something that will keep me full and help me avoid snacking!!

    ReplyDelete